Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Midterms and Eating Out.

     So, this weekend (and beginning of the actual week) I have been so very busy! I worked Friday night, Saturday day and night, and Sunday day. In between,i spent every minute I had studying, or sleeping. On Saturday morning however, Zoe and I went out for breakfast with our long lost cousin Naomi! Naomi and i have been keeping in touch for a while via the internet, but it had been about 5 years since I'd seen her in person! Such a fun time. There, I ate the Veggie Patati-Patata, which is a baked mix of potatoes, veggies, and cheese. Yummerz. Saturday night i had to eat at work (i just started a new job at a sort of bar and grill), so I had a cheeseburger (no bun) with veggies. I finished work on Saturday night at around 9:30pm, and when I tipped out and everything, it was 10. I got home at 11, but I was still wired from my night, so I had a hard time falling asleep. Then I had to wake up at 5:45am to be at work (my other work, the work my heart belongs to) for 6:20am! So, I was tired. Then I felt sick from the burger all morning and it was just terrible.
     Anyhow, since Monday I've been studying all night and day, and eating out alot too. For dinner on Sunday, I ate like 10 of my moms chocolate chip cookies (epic). Monday, I had 1/2 a vegan wrap form a local cafe and 1/2 a brownie for dinner. The other halves I ate for lunch on Tuesday. Then Tuesday night was a friend's birthday, so we celebrated at the restaurant she works at. I had 2 glasses of wine, and one million pieces of bread. Then, a green salad, and pan-seared snapper with black rice (?). I didn't realize that the snapper was going to be breaded so I was a little bit disappointed about that, but it was still good. Then I had a few bites of the chocolate cake she had.
     Wednesday (today) I lunch and dinner out too. For lunch I went for sushi between classes with a friend. I had a spicy avocado roll and a California roll without mayonnaise. I felt like I'd eaten too much when I left the restaurant though :(. Then a snack attacked it at the library, eating baked cheez its from the health food store, dried pineapple, and a gluten-free chocolate cookie that I'd baked on Friday morning while procrastinating studying. All my snackies were small portions except the cookie, which was a normal size. For dinner I went with my bestie's cousin (who is also my friend!) to the opening of a new restaurant downtown (my bestie was doing a favor for a co-worker and waitressing tonight since they don't really have a staff yet). Being the opening, everything was a bit chaotic and disorganized and my friend and I had to wait 1 HOUR for our food. When the food finally came though, it was delicious. Our waitress, who only had two table, sucked really badly and we had to wait like 20 minutes to pay the bill (after we had waiting an hour for our food...come on!). I am really grumpy from studying so much so I'm probably extra picky about things though. We shared an arugula and parmesan salad with blood orange and an order of manicotti with cheese and spinach.
So, some of my eats included:



1 comment:

  1. You are following in the footsteps of your great-grandfather Ruszkowski, who also gave excellent accounts of the various meals he had eaten. Sometimes he would write about meals he had sampled years earlier.

    ReplyDelete