Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sutton


Over the weekend I went to the Eastern Townships to do a little relaxing and a little skiing. I went with my parents and siblings (siblings are 4 and 9), and my mom helped my make spaghetti squash with pork and bison sausage and tomato sauce. The kids didn’t really dig it, but I think it was pretty darn good. I got the recipe from whole foods on twitter (NEW OBSESSION → late in the game!!!). you can find it here: [http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2774]
I used margarine instead of butter (it was all we had in the house), pork and bison sausage instead of pork sausage, and fresh basil instead of dried. Also, I made spaghetti sauce from scratch instead of using a jar of it. It was quite good, but the squash was so hard to cut!!!
Tomorrow I wanted to make Gluten-Free peanut butter cookies, but there is still so many desserts left over from the holiday, so I think I’ll wait until the next family dinner.
Also watched Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Best. Housewives. Ever.
You can watch a clip of it here:[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL1LU5Q5vM0&feature=related]
And NOW I’m off to read my new issue of In Style.

Next week’s fitness commitment: 3 runs (30 minutes or more), at least 1 outside. Anybody want to join me?
Nutrition commitment: No sweets, No eating out at all for lunch (aka bring lunch to school)
Challenge: Yoga Meltdown every day

No comments:

Post a Comment