Thursday, January 6, 2011

When Fitness Fell Off my Radar




I have not worked out even one time this week. it is currently thursday. Granted it was the first week of school, and my schedule was pretty packed. I met up with some high school friends for brunch on monday, then I had to wait for an hour(!!!) in line at the gym to register for Boxercise. Apparently boxercise "not only burns fat, but improves cardiovascular conditioning while toning and strengthening the body". We shadow box, skip, and do combos. I used to kickbox back in the day and it really helped me get it shape, so I'm really excited for tuesday (which is when the class starts).
Today, after numerous phone calls and meetings, I finally finalized my schedule for the winter semester. Its the biggest course load I have ever taken but I think I can handle it, as long as I manage my time properly and make school my first priority. Courses include: History of China, Law and Society in Canadian History, Theology, History of Europe 2 and Business Law. Should be fun.
I am doing an online Challenge to get Organized, and they made us write out the 10 goals we want to achieve this year (2011). Here are mine:

1. Get fitness training certifications
2. Get Driver’s License
3. Reach Goal weight
4. Get a 3.0 + GPA
5. Save more money
6. Get Steady Winter job ← Push Goal
7. Write a piece for a student newspaper
8. Follow through with the blog
9. Run a half-marathon or a race (with my mom?)
10. Get work experience outside of food service

The "Push Goal" is the goal that will make the other goals happen. The reason getting a steady winter job is my push goal is because:
1. I will earn money to pay for the certifications
2. I will earn money to pay for my driver's license
3. I will earn money to pay for personal training sessions/ classes/ healthier foods etc.
4. It will push me out of my bagel comfort zone
5. Ill have funner and newer things to write about on the blog


This weekend I'm going up north where I am going to cook dinner for my fam, finish writing my application essay to intern at Fashion Magazine, an do all the readings fro next week.

cheerio!
Soph

No comments:

Post a Comment